So here we are in Kapadokya in the middle of Turkey and check out these pictures! We:
visited cave churches (dating back to the 2nd Century)
rented a motorbike (sore bot afterwards, yeowch!) and visited an incredible underground city (dating back to a very long time ago indeed - can't recall but I'm sure impressive nonetheless - there are two underground cities in the area which were used primarily as places of hiding and storage of food and valuables) - OUR FAVOURITE DAY!
stayed in a real mccoy cave room
fed a few of the 100 or so stray kitties (which we probably shouldn't have but I couldn't resist)
enjoyed apple tea and cakes and olives and eggs for breakfast every morning (seems to be the standard hostel breakfast in Turkey)
did not ride a camel
attended the local cooking competition event featuring some fabulous local musicians (and fabulous food I'm sure - although we didn't partake)
An unforgettable few days - amazing place, the likes of which Ian and I have never seen before and are unlikely to see again.
No comments:
Post a Comment